12.07.2005

Questionnaire

Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
If I have no budget whatsoever, yes, I am a yarn snob. But because that's not true, then I just use basic yarns like Cascade 220 or Lamb's Pride. I've been meaning to buy some expensive yarns like Rowan or Debbie Bliss but never have the heart to do it.

Do you spin? Crochet?
I crochet a little bit before I learned knitting. Now, I prefer knitting only.

Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Dust is my biggest enemy.

How long have you been knitting?
I first learned knitting in college from my mom in Indonesia. So that's about 4 or 5 years ago. I never did any serious project. What knit wear can you use in a tropical country? After I move to the US last year, I started again and have never stopped, unless for the occasional boredom.

Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do, but it's on my husband's name because I'm too lazy to make my own Amazon account. It's here.

What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender, herbs and spices. But no cinnamon! That's the one smell that I can't stand.

Do you have a sweet tooth?
Only milk chocolate for me. But I can live without any chocolate. My preferred sweets are Pepperidge Farm cookies, Jello, Haagen Dazs, and Japanese cookies.

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I just bought a sewing machine this Thanksgiving. So far I have made something that I want to put on Month of Softies. My 'someday' project is a quilt. I also do some scrapbooking and card making. But it's put on hold because I feel like if I'm gonna fill up the whole album then I must do it in one go. I can't stop in the middle of the album and pick up my knitting. I also love to cook but I hate the prep.

What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I'm not sure what kind it is. Currently: Diana Krall, Seal, Michael Buble, George Benson, Greenday, Nine Inch Nails, and The Killers. Yes, I'm MP3 compatible.

What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
My wardrome is separated in three parts (this is just for tops): blacks, whites, and creams, blues and greens, and reds, pinks, and purples. And somewhere in between maybe there's one or two orange. I guess I like all kinds of colors depending on my mood. But no fluorescent colors. Right now I want to make a pink sweater. I don't know why but pink just seems so yummy. For my home, I like accent colors like red, black, and brown.

What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I've been married a little over a year now. Baby plan should start soon, maybe. No pets for me.

What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To have a beautiful home that I decorate and renovate myself. Well, my husband too. This is the five year plan. After that, no thoughts yet.

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
No favorite yarns since I only use Cascade or Lamb's Pride. I'd like to try Debbie Bliss Cashmerino And Rowal Wool Cotton, though. I've also tried some KnitPicks yarn and the recycled silk yarn. I don't think I want to use them again.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylics, polyester, fibers that shed a lot, and itchy fibers.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Jess Hutch's creatures and all other knitted toys. And a pink sweater!!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Something that requires minimum finishing, like knitting in the round. And is there any magical way so that I don't have to weave in those loose ends? Also small projects so I can feel the instant gratification.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Bolero jacket from Debbie Bliss Simply Soft and finishing my husband's sweater from Simple Knits with a Twist. If it's possible, I always try to make only one project at a time.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
It's definitely a no no. But there's one circular poncho in Handknit Holidays that looks so gorgeous. I like it more as a skirt though.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular only.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Anything will do. But Addi Turbos are the best. Right now I'm mostly using Clover interchangeable needles. It's an old set that I got from my mom. I don't know if they still make it or not.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
No, but I want to make one someday.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom taught me in college because I asked her to. She's been knitting as long as I can remember and finally I'm interested in knitting after crocheting since junior high. I always tought that knitting is way more complicated than crochet. Maybe in some ways it is, but it gives more beautiful result too!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months probably. I've frogged it three times and I still don't like it. It's sitting there in the corner of the closet. I really don't like talking about that. It's making me feel guilty.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Nothing special, but I have a lot of stuffed animals. Tiger, whale, penguin, Pink Panther, chicken, Sullivan from Monster's Inc., teddy bear, classic Pooh and Piglet, and bunny. Most of them are put in the highest shelf in the closet except for the bunny, penguin, whale, and monster.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
The one that enables my husband to stay at home.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Pretty stationary and cute Japanese stuff. I also like to print out free knitting patterns of the things that I want to make someday. It's neatly organized in a binder. So on some days I just flip around through it and daydream.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Nothing, I buy them only if I'm interested in making some patterns.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
It's on my wish list

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home