1.07.2006

Official from SP7

OK, I didn't know that SP7 is gonna have their own official questionnaire. So, here goes...

Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I am a yarn snob but only in parts because my budget won't let me. So now I just use basics like Cascade 220 and Lamb's Pride. Yes, I do avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand.

Do you spin? Crochet? No spinning and just a tiny little bit of crochet. But I considered myself very knowledgeable in crochet. I can read a Japanese crochet pattern that is.

What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I just made my own needle cover from some fabric. I am planning to make some more once I found the appropriate fabric.

How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting quite constantly for about a year, more or less. But I learned knitting around five years ago. I'm not so sure about my skill level, I can make any pattern, lace, cable, fairisle, whatever, but I'm not so sure if I can make socks.

Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, it's here (on my husband's name).

What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Nothing in particular, but I'm kinda partial to lavender, white tea, sandalwood, and ginger.

Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? No chocolate for me. The only sweet stuff for me is Japanese cookies and snacks. Yan Yan, Collon, Pocky, Genji Pie, Caramel corn, Xylitol, I don't remember what else.

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do scrapbooking and just started sewing. I love to buy all kinds of paper. Giftwraps, tissue paper, scrapbooking paper, notebooks, journals, envelopes, cards, stationeries, and everything that's paper-related.

What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Right now I'm into Diana Krall and Michael Buble, but I'd love to try some new age or easy jazz, or something like that. Yes, my computer does play MP3s.

What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I already have red, heather blue, and dusty pink on my stash. I would love some more yarn or knitted stuff in off white, grey, red, pink, and blue. Mind you, not just any grey, red, blue, or pink. It's light heather grey, like the one they usually use for sweats and running shorts. The perfect red is like the Coats and Clark zipper in Bluberry Red or Burberry Red (it's almost like a burgundy). This is the easiest example beause I just bought some to be matched with my yarn. The pink is not baby pink. I hate baby pink. I like a really pale one or a dusty one. The blue is kinda easy. I like almost any kind of blue as long as it's not greenish. I'm sorry if I sound kinda picky-picky, but most of my friends don't have the same color preference like me so it's hard to get the right kind of color from them.

What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I've been married for a year. No pets.

Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wore hats and gloves the most. No scarves unless it's very windy and no ponchos at all.

What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Don't have any yet.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylics!!!

What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Sweaters for me, me, and me. I'm a selfish knitter. I already have 3 sweaters on my mind. I also want to make a knitted babe.

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters, although I hate the seaming-up process.

What are you knitting right now? I'm currently in between projects. I still have to seam up my Bolero Jacket from Debbie Bliss Simply Soft, sigh... and I'm still waiting for my Rebecca 29 magazine. After it arrived I already have the yarn on my stash to make the Sweater with Wide Collar.

Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes please!

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars.

Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Clover bamboos and Addi turbos.

Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, I don't think I need one. I like the process of winding the hank into a ball by hand. I know it's slow but it's comforting to me.

How did you learn to knit? From my mom. She'd been knitting for forever and finally I took some interest and I asked her to teach me. Because we only have Japanese books in Indonesia, I held my yarn in my left hand. I know how to held the yarn in right hand but it seems awkward for me.

How old is your oldest UFO? None!!! I'm so happy about this. I just finished sewing my husband sweater last Thursday.

What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Sanrio characters and that's only because I like the stuff, not the character. For example, if I need a pen, I would chose the shape and the function first and then chose the character.

What is your favorite holiday? My birthday and Christmas.

Is there anything that you collect? Paper stuff, crafting supplies, cute Japanese stuff.

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, I just bought them if I found some intersting pattern.

Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? RYC yarns, Alterknits by Leigh Radford, Knitted Babes, and Holiday Handknits by Melanie Falick.

Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? How to knit socks. I just checked out Knit Socks! from the libary today. I have some yarn so I guess I'll try it next week.

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Not yet. I'm size 5.5.

When is your birthday? August 17, that's Indonesia's independence day (my home country).

Wow, looking back at the questionnaire that I filled out last month and the one I just finished I realized how I've changed in one month. I hope I will still feel the same in the next 3 months, or if not I'll just fill out another questionnaire.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for posting this! :) Erin (Your hostess)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home