1.16.2006

Yummy Yarns

I went to The Yarn shop again last Saturday and I got 9 skein of yummy RYC Cashcotton in Apple, it's a fancy name for green. It will be The Somewhat Cowl. But ONLY after I finished all my UFOs.


I'm wondering how big a stash can be and still be considered healthy? I want to add some more yarn to make the Pale Blue Jacket. Of course it's not gonna be pale blue. I'm thinking Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece would be nice for summer, especially since I already spent some money on Cashcotton. The Yarn Shop don't have enough skeins in the color that I like, so I'll think about that after I used up my stash. I have enough yarns to keep me occupied for a month or two.

I already made up my mind to at least do 2 secret projects for my SP7 pal. One is easy but need some planning and the other will be something new. If you read my previous entries, maybe you can guess one of the projects. And there's still one more secret project that I'm still considering. All I can say is that it's something soft.

The Sweater with Wide Collar is progressing successfully, although not as fast as I wanted it to be. I'm done with the backside and just casting off for the right shoulder for the frontside. Knit the shawl collar for another 14 cm and then do the left side. And there's still 2 sleeves to be made! Whew, feels like a long way to go. I'm debating whether to knit the sleeves at the same time or make them individually but in circulars so no seaming for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

A stash has to be big to be healthy! Think of your stash as the big belly that comes with having a baby. The bigger the belly the healthier the baby. Your yarn is the womb your creative works are born from.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hi, I just read your comment today. I don;t think my husband will like it though =p
I"m not allowed to buy more yarns until I've used up everything!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home